NJ Cannabis Media will host its inaugural New Jersey Cannabis Summit, “Growing a Sustainable Industry in the Garden State,” Wednesday, Oct. 24 at the Forsgate Country Club.
The summit will highlight the opportunities and obstacles in this multi-billion-dollar industry in the Garden State. It will focus on doing business in an industry that faces unique issues – especially while marijuana remains prohibited at the federal level.
This event will explore how New Jersey businesses can capitalize on this exciting, emerging industry while navigating the constantly evolving matrix of state compliance regulations.
The agenda for the summit:
7:30 to 8:30 a.m.: Continental breakfast
8:30 to 8:45 a.m.: Welcome and opening remarks by Tom Curtin, President, NJ Cannabis Media and Marc Schwarz, Chief Content Officer, NJ Cannabis Media
8:45 to 9:30: Keynote address
9:30 to 10:30 a.m.: Establishing a legal and compliant cannabis business
- Applying for a license
- Business structures and funding options
- Choosing the right systems for your business
- Banking, cash and security: How to handle financial dealings
- Industry’s social justice requirements
- Purchasing insurance. What are your needs and how much will it cost?
10:30 to 11 a.m.: Networking Break
11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.: Cannabis in the Workplace: Labor and Employment issues in an adult use cannabis market
- Operating a drug free workplace. What are your drug testing issues and policies?
- Pre-employment testing
- Will you need to change your employee handbook?
- Separating between medical and recreational use when hiring an employee
- How do you provide a safe work environment?
- Offering workers compensation
12:15 to 1:30 p.m.: Lunch
1:30 to 2:45 p.m.: Access to Capital: Funding options for your cannabis business
2:45 to 3:15 p.m.: Breakout sessions
- Opportunities and Obstacles in running a Dispensary
- Opportunities and Obstacles in Manufacturing
- Opportunities and Obstacles in Growing
4:15 p.m.: Conference concludes
Forsgate Country Club is located at 375 Forsgate Drive, Monroe Township.
The summit will run from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tickets are $95.
For more information and tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nj-cannabis-media-growing-a-sustainable-industry-in-the-garden-state-tickets-48175948559?aff=ebdssbdestsearch