Photo Credit: JOHN KARCZMIT
HBK CPAs & Consultants and Flaster Greenberg Attorneys at Law are co-hosting an event Dec. 12 in Philadelphia that will explore the particular scrutiny in terms of legalities and tax implications faced by businesses involved in the cannabis industry.
In addition, the panel will provide an update on:
- The status of cannabis legalization in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Employment law considerations
- Real estate and environmental concerns
- Tax complications associated with Section 280E of the Internal Revenue Code
- Audit issues and best practices in cannabis industry accounting
- Legislative update
- NJ Medical Marijuana update and impact on patients and physicians
- Adam Gersh, shareholder, Labor & Employment Law and Litigation, Flaster Greenberg PC
- Marty Judge, chair, Environmental and Real Estate Law, Flaster Greenberg PC
- Nicholas Odille, principal, HBK CPAs & Consultants
- Alma Saravia, shareholder, Business and Corporate, Healthcare, Goverment Law and Litigation, Flaster Greenberg PC
- Brian Staffa, VP of Operations, Marimed Advisors Inc.
- Stacey Udell, Director of Valuation and Litigation Services, HBK CPAs & Consultants.
The event is 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; lunch is included. It will be held at the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce at the Bellevue on South Broad Street in Philadelphia.
For more information: https://www.flastergreenberg.com/events-accounting-and-legal-aspects-cannabis-industry.html